Our Governance, Risk, and Compliance Expertise
Facing today’s unprecedented economic challenges while balancing sound governance with business performance requires powerful insights. Aviano assists organizations in developing an integrated cycle of Governance, Risk, and Compliance (GRC) initiatives that provides organizations with the visibility and insight needed to manage and mitigate critical risk and compliance issues today and in the future. Aviano delivers solutions that leverage the experience of our expert consultants who have worked with global clients.
Our experience includes:
- Assisting the board of directors with enhancing the effectiveness of their oversight and fiduciary responsibilities.
- Enhancing entity-level controls such as tone at the top to align with management’s governance structure.
- Assessing current governance programs, performing a gap analysis, and providing recommendations for remediation.
- Developing and implementing GRC and Enterprise Risk Management (ERM) programs using a collaborative approach with management and the board of directors.
- Leveraging the GRC and ERM programs to enhance and streamline Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX) compliance efforts.
- Utilizing ERM objectives to develop Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) and risk mitigation plans at the business unit level that link to the overall corporate KPIs and risk appetite.
- Evaluating compliance programs to assess completeness, design, and effectiveness.
- Facilitating the integration of internal audit and other assessment groups to ensure a “test once, rely many times” approach.
- Developing dashboards or other reporting mechanisms to ensure timeliness and transparency.
Aviano has professionals that are skilled in many industries building GRC programs, or enhancing an existing program to better align the program with the company’s overall strategic goals, risks, and objectives. Additionally, our professionals have extensive experience with the ERM component of GRC, including assessing that an entity’s GRC program includes elements of appropriate risk identification, risk management, and risk mitigation.
Our professionals have successfully performed these GRC and ERM efforts at numerous companies. The resulting efforts proved valuable to management and the various companies’ overall risk profiles. As applicable, these programs were highlighted in presentations to ratings agencies, regulatory bodies, and as part of financing transactions.