Our Internal Audit Expertise
The business environment today is more complex and uncertain. As a result, internal audit functions that add significant value are risk-focused, have the right team in terms of experience and specializations, and are aligned with the business. Aviano’s professionals have substantial internal audit experience in many highly complex industries, such as gaming and hospitality and public utilities, among others.
Our experience includes:
- Assessing internal audit functions.
- Building departments for newly established companies from the ground up.
- Transforming processes and implementing best practices.
- Performing quality assurance reviews and assuring compliance with the Institute of Internal Auditors’ (IIA) International Standards for the Professional Practice of Internal Auditing (the Standards).
- Performing annual risk assessments and developing risk-focused audit plans.
- Reinventing internal audit functions to better align the department’s goals and objectives with the company’s overall strategic goals, risks, and objectives.
- Providing sourcing assistance through internal audit outsourcing, co-sourcing, or loaned professionals to bridge capacity and specialization gaps.
Each of our Senior Partners has more than 25 years of experience in applicable disciplines, including:
- Leadership roles within internal audit functions for large, publicly held, multi-jurisdictional casino/hotel organizations, as well as energy companies, which included reinventing and/or building various aspects of the internal audit functions of these companies.
- Direct experience and qualifications related to the Standards, including the requirements of the Standards and related guidance applicable to the performance of external quality assessments required for quality assurance and improvement programs (QAIP).
- Big 4 public accounting, auditing, and consulting, including financial statement auditing, internal auditing, information technology (IT) auditing, Sarbanes-Oxley compliance, system implementations, and general consulting.
- Governance, Risk, & Compliance programs and assessments, including the Enterprise Risk Management (ERM) component.
Our professionals also have relevant experience related to the use of technology in internal audit practices, including the selection and use of automated internal audit processes and working paper solutions, data interrogation software, and computer assisted auditing techniques. Our professionals also have experience in the assessment and evaluation of technology solutions as they impact an organization, including security, operations, change management, and IT strategy.
Our professionals have relevant certifications, such as Certified Internal Auditor (CIA), Certified Public Accountant (CPA), Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA), and Certified Fraud Examiner (CFE), among others.