IT Audit Expertise
Our Information Technology Audit Expertise
Managing information technology (IT) risks is more important than ever, and many organizations may need additional resources to tackle the evolving IT risk environment. The reality is that there are many threats an organization faces, including mobile technology, cloud computing, social media, and cyber-attacks. Aviano is uniquely positioned to help assess IT risk management activities.
Our experience includes:
- Performing focused audits on security, change management, and operations to support operation or regulatory needs, such as Sarbanes-Oxley compliance.
- Providing sourcing assistance through internal audit outsourcing, co-sourcing, or loaned professionals to provide much needed specialized resources to achieve internal audit’s desired objectives.
- Improving business processes through the use and implementation of technology.
- Aligning IT audit strategies with business objectives.
- Assessing the governance of IT resources to ensure proper support for IT administration and correct alignment with the organization’s strategic goals.
- Optimizing audit approaches to increase efficiency and reduce audit fatigue.
- Providing training to both internal audit and operations teams to improve their understanding of technology risks.
- Assessing compliance with the adopted IT controls framework, such as ITIL or COBIT. Also, assisting organizations in selecting and implementing the appropriate IT controls framework for their company.
Having worked in industry, Big 4 firms, and global consultancies, we bring perspectives beyond traditional client service firms. We also understand how the different layers of an organization work in harmony to provide you with the right level of transaction integrity and compliance.
Our professionals also have relevant certifications, such as Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA), Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP), and Certified in the Governance of Enterprise IT (CGEIT), among others.